Date: 28 April 2013 18:01
Subject: Cotic - "Simple European Coal and Steel Community"
Since I got the Simple frame in November I built it into a rigid singlespeed 29er with a mix of carbon and steel - hence the "Coal and Steel Community" topic. I'm really pleased with the bike so far and I have improved my single track skills thanks to the simple, but unforgiving properties of a rigid singlespeed. I have riding it since January (which means a lot of snow here in Sweden) and with the on coming spring the bike just screams at me "get out and ride!"
- Frame, Cotic Simple size L
- Wheels, built them myself using Velocity P35 36H rims, Hope Pro2 SS/Trials rear hub, DMR Revolver QR front hub, DT SuperComp and Revolution rear and DT Revolution and DT SuperComp front, DT Brass Nipples and DT brass washers. Running tubeless with Velotape and valves.
- Rubber, Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35" Trailstar
- Fork, Syncros FL Carbon 29
- Bar, Kore Torsion 800 mm low rise
- Stem, Pro Koryak 70 mm
- Hope headset
- Grips, Lizard Skins Peaty lock on
- Brakes Formula RX 180/160
- Seat post, Merek carbon 400 mm
- Saddle, Specialized Henge Expert
- Cranks, Shimano SLX
- Chainring, Rotor Q-ring singlespeed 34T
- Pedals, Time XRoc S
- BB, Token Tiramic
- Bash, MRP XCG (BB mounted)
- Cog, Rennen 21T
- Chain, KMC Rustbuster
- Chain tug, DMR
- Mud guard, CycraGuard front
Total weight: 10.4 kg (not bad at all)
I'm attaching a few pictures from some of my rides this winter and spring.
Thanks again for a very nice frame!